MIDI addon

Todo aquello que acompaña a la placa del ZX-Uno (carcasas, alimentadores, pegatinas para el teclado, etc) / Everything that goes with the ZX-Uno board (cases, AC adapters, stickers for keyboard, etc)
desUBIKado

Re: MIDI addon

Mensaje por desUBIKado » 18 Oct 2019, 22:24

mcleod_ideafix escribió:
18 Oct 2019, 11:09
Yo esta música no la había escuchado en la vida, ni idea de a qué pertenece.
¿No llegaste a usar, o tener uno de estos?
phpBB [media]

desUBIKado

Mensaje por desUBIKado » 19 Oct 2019, 08:29

desUBIKado escribió:
18 Oct 2019, 22:24
mcleod_ideafix escribió:
18 Oct 2019, 11:09
Yo esta música no la había escuchado en la vida, ni idea de a qué pertenece.
¿No llegaste a usar, o tener uno de estos?
phpBB [media]
La verdad es que no tuve nunca un Casiotone, por eso no la reconocía. Supongo que a los que lo tuvisteis se os debió quedar grabada la tonadilla a fuego. Por cierto escuchando el sonido del video me parece que suena mejor la melodía si se aumenta el "Tempo" de T160 a T170.

NOTA: No me estoy respondiendo a mi mismo. En el mensaje anterior donde veis mcleod_ideafix cambiadlo mentalmente por desUBIKado, y viceversa. :D

robuttley

Mensaje por robuttley » 20 Oct 2019, 20:51

Hey Mcleod, thanks for the reply.
mcleod_ideafix escribió:
18 Oct 2019, 00:41
Check that there is no components from the ZXUNO touching the lower (not visible) side of the MIDI board. Specially, the PROG/RESET pinheader that is usually present in the ZXUNO board, located behind the addon board.
Checked, all good, no touching or shorts.
mcleod_ideafix escribió:
18 Oct 2019, 00:41
If you can't hear any of this, after the command has been issued, move the addon a little in and out to see if there is still misconnection issues. With one finger below the MIDI chip, use another one to provide a gentle pressure to the two edges of the MIDI chip that are not near the edge of the board to check if there are issues with the soldering (which shouldn't be there, but just in case...). If you can hear the low pitch tone, even for a brief moment, then something happened with the soldering.
I tried this, and I didn't get any sound.

However, before you go down the RMA route, it may be that a problem has developed with my board. I took the VGA/wifi card out to try the MIDI board, but when I put the VGA card back in today, it didn't seem to work and I can no longer get a picture from it as I was doing before (although the onboard output, for which I have a VGA connector to, does still work of course).

It's possible that there is something wrong with my board, or my expansion connector.

So before you go to the trouble of arranging an RMA etc, let me see if I can rule out any problems with things here that are outside of your control.

Bear with me for a few days, if I can't find someone local-ish to me with an UNO, I'll see what other options I have to check my board before sending anything back to you.

Thanks!
Rob

mcleod_ideafix
Contactar:

Mensaje por mcleod_ideafix » 21 Oct 2019, 00:41

robuttley escribió:
20 Oct 2019, 20:51
Bear with me for a few days, if I can't find someone local-ish to me with an UNO, I'll see what other options I have to check my board before sending anything back to you.

Thanks!
Rob
OK! We'll be in touch :)
http://www.zxuno.com
ZX-Uno · Clon de ordenador ZX Spectrum basado en FPGA

Turrican

Mensaje por Turrican » 23 Oct 2020, 19:37

robuttley escribió:
15 Oct 2019, 00:36
Hi Mcleod, is this a good place to ask for help with this?

Mine arrived last week (thank you very much!) and I installed it tonight. I followed the instructions, I updated my 4.2 board with the FIRMWARE.ZX1 file you linked, so it now has bios v0.76, I updated the SPECTRUM.ZX1. I copied over the PLAYMID file to my BIN folder, and I copied over some of the midi files you linked, being careful to alter the filenames so there would be no issue with the 8.3 truncation stuff.

Then I removed my VGA & ESP8266 board, and installed the MIDI board.

When I boot the board, the first LED lights up and stays on.

When I try to run the PLAYMID command with a file, the board certainly thinks it's doing something (the second LED comes on), but no MIDI audio comes out. Audio on the board is working (if I use a BEEP command), but no MIDI. I tried with several of the files, and I even tried to put in incorrect filenames etc to just satisfy myself it was finding and 'playing' the files - just no sound comes out. The second LED comes on, and again later it goes off. But no audio.

Then I disabled DivMMC, booted a 128K Spectrum as per your notes above, and tried the PLAY command. Again, it gives the impression it is playing something, but no audio comes out. However, if I simply enter PLAY "abC", then I hear the beeps as you'd expect.

Is there anything else I can do to test the board? I don't know if it's the board, something with my Uno, or maybe something stupid I'm doing!

Many many thanks again for your time and patience making this little device!
Hi McLeod.
Mine stopped to work after 2 days.
Same thing as above: the leds are on, the blue blinks but no sound output for MIDI. AY and beeper ok.
I will try the solutions given here and post results.
Regards.

Turrican

Mensaje por Turrican » 23 Oct 2020, 20:07

Ok. Moving It up a bit, it's back alive!
Thanks

Responder