Is UART included in main ZX Core?

nihirash
Contactar:

Re: Is UART included in main ZX Core?

Mensaje por nihirash » 19 Jun 2019, 13:50

I can't open this link from Russia.

Later I'll try via VPN, but if you want it - I can port.
It will be really simple.

Maybe, someone want article about writing duplex network clients for ESP8266 in easy way?
My hardware:
ZX Uno 4.2, +UNO, ZX-Evolution Rev. C+VDac+ZXM-SoundCard Extreme+ZiFi, Harlequin 128K, Reverse U8, Leningrad 48K

My blog(and there gopher server on 70th port): https://nihirash.net/

kgmcneil

Mensaje por kgmcneil » 04 Sep 2019, 18:35

Out of curiosity, would any of your wonderful tools be capable of being adapted to work on a ZX Evo from a basic configuration, using their ZiFi chip, or are the two systems and chips just too different???...

The ZiFi chip is talked about here, that the ZX Evo uses: http://ts.retropc.ru/

As far as I know, there is only one piece of software that uses it for the ZX Evo clone, and that can only be run if the system is pre-configured using firmware from TS-labs rather than using its more Spectrum type basic configuration... Since there isn't a whole lot of software out there for getting ZX systems online out there, I thought Id ask your opinion on whether some of your tools could be adapted for other ZX type systems... There is definitely a need here, that goes well beyond just the ZX Uno system...

nihirash
Contactar:

Mensaje por nihirash » 05 Sep 2019, 22:22

All my software may be adopted to ZXEvo(any configuration) but LVD and other guys from BaseConf community have yourown operating system(NedoOS) and Ethernet controller. And they doesn't think that they need some of my software :-)

All high-level code compatible. You should just dropout esxDos and replace UART driver. ESP chips are the same.

Between TSConf users and BaseConf users a bit strained relations(I think ZX-Uno and SpecNext have smoother relations). But I'm developing game for TSConf, and I'm not very welcomed in BaseConf community.
My hardware:
ZX Uno 4.2, +UNO, ZX-Evolution Rev. C+VDac+ZXM-SoundCard Extreme+ZiFi, Harlequin 128K, Reverse U8, Leningrad 48K

My blog(and there gopher server on 70th port): https://nihirash.net/

kgmcneil

Mensaje por kgmcneil » 05 Sep 2019, 22:54

Wow... I had no idea that there was so much bad blood between the two communities... That's a real pity from a collaborative point of view... :(
Im sure there are PentEvo users from both sides that would really benefit from the type of software that you've been working on... I can't see why anyone would perceive more additional software as a threat to existing projects... Im genuinely surprised at the suggestion that any in the ZiFi community would be uninterested in the offer of more software, especially these tools!... Im very sorry to hear of such politics... :(
I am at least grateful that the ZXUno community gets the benefit of your creative developments...

Responder