Question about power and VGA cable

Dudas, cuestiones, sugerencias y peticiones en general sobre el proyecto / Questions and requests about the project
antoniovillena

Question about power and VGA cable

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 07 Oct 2016, 21:22

This is an email question. I post here if can be useful for other users
I bought a micro JST connector and built a VGA adaptor, but I had no luck. I got no picture on my modern digital monitor (1920x1080). So I fetched two older VGA monitors (one is a so called multisync monitor). On the multisync I could barely see a dark picture and the sync did not work properly. On the third monitor was nothing to see.
Actually I wanted to use the ZX-UNO with the modern monitor, because I have no room to place an old one with a tube. Now I can only use it over composite video.
Test with a polymeter the pin correspondence like in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=211

Pin 4 (JST) to 9 (VGA) is optional. On the multisync must work. Also go to BIOS settings in Advanced Tab and select about 60Hz in the frequency, save settings and restart. With 60Hz must work the rest of monitors.
Another question: When I plug in the USB for power the ZX-UNO does not always start (no light at the power LED). I tried two different power supplies with at least 2 A. Do you have a idea, what it could be?
This seems a fault in the conexion. The power LED is connected directly to the 5V source. Also the ZX-Uno compsuption is about 110mA, normal mobile chargers are 500mA and will suffice. Can you take a near picture of the microUSB connector? Close to the welding points in the PCB.

Responder