Is EXP24 the latest open source core?

bakkertje

Is EXP24 the latest open source core?

Mensaje por bakkertje » 08 Abr 2018, 19:58

In the SVN there is an EXP25 directory that is missing the important "common" directory and the EXP26 does not exist in the SVN at all. Am I correct?

Or are the new cores hosted elsewhere?

Kind regards, Johan.

azesmbog

Re: Is EXP24 the latest open source core?

Mensaje por azesmbog » 09 Abr 2018, 12:15

bakkertje escribió: Am I correct?
Думаю Вы правы и не получите вообще ответ на Ваш вопрос. Я за прошедший год два раза задавал аналогичный вопрос и ни разу не получил ответа :))))
Поэтому пользуюсь 24 версией, а все остальные 25\26 - мимо меня :)
Panta rhei
imho

Pio

Mensaje por Pio » 09 Abr 2018, 12:48

I found a repository on github that is supposed to be a mirror, it looks like it has the common directory in the exp25 folder!

https://github.com/sadman/zxuno-mirror

azesmbog

Mensaje por azesmbog » 09 Abr 2018, 14:26

ну это несерьезно
Версия от Feb 16, 2017
У меня есть версия от 01.03.17, версия репозитория 1242
а уже в версии 1247 от 07.03.17 все уже убрали. Недостойны значит :(
Ну нет - так нет. Мы же не гордые?? :?

antoniovillena

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 09 Abr 2018, 15:26

The latest core sources are hidden to the public temporarily, until the Next project publish their source code. The reason is because we have serious suspicions they are using our code in their project.

bakkertje

Mensaje por bakkertje » 09 Abr 2018, 17:33

I can sympathize with that. I have a bad feeling about the next project as well.

But temporarily may become permanent, as I don't expect those next people to ever release their source even they promised they would. They just promised it to sell more units during the kickstarter campaign.

On the other hand, they are allowed to use the zxuno sources commercially aren't they? (based on the CC BY-SA 4.0 license)

antoniovillena

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 09 Abr 2018, 18:20

Of course if the Next guys don't release their source (after the crowdfunding Next delivery) McLeod may decide to publish the sources. It's his decision.

On the other hand, the CC BY-SA 4.0 license allow the use of zxuno sources but with the license conditions: (mentioning the authors, relasing the modified source code, etc...). It's not the case.

bakkertje escribió:I can sympathize with that. I have a bad feeling about the next project as well.

But temporarily may become permanent, as I don't expect those next people to ever release their source even they promised they would. They just promised it to sell more units during the kickstarter campaign.

On the other hand, they are allowed to use the zxuno sources commercially aren't they? (based on the CC BY-SA 4.0 license)

mcleod_ideafix
Contactar:

Mensaje por mcleod_ideafix » 11 Abr 2018, 00:29

bakkertje escribió:But temporarily may become permanent, as I don't expect those next people to ever release their source even they promised they would. They just promised it to sell more units during the kickstarter campaign.
I don't want to keep the sources for myself forever. That doesn't just make sense. It's just that I'm tired of "other people" stealing ideas and features and not giving credit back. I want this game to be played with all players exposing their cards, not just us. If they don't want to share their source code even after the campaign is over, shame on them. Until then, I will wait and see. I am not the only one with access to the whole repository, so if something happens to me, Antonio, Hark0 and Quest can take charge :D
http://www.zxuno.com
ZX-Uno · Clon de ordenador ZX Spectrum basado en FPGA

aowen

Mensaje por aowen » 12 Abr 2018, 12:50

I know of three FPGA projects besides the Uno's ZX core that are withholding details and code until the Next is over. Among hardware developers there appears to be a growing consensus that the Next is a bad faith project. From my point of view what really irritates me is not that the Next has ripped off other pepole's work without attribution, it's that the fanbois are giving the Next team credit for inventing other people's ideas and the Next team does nothing to correct these assumptions. The Next's I/O system is dependent on the ZXI standard (which it abuses). The Next's palette implementation is derived from ULAplus (which they dropped because they were too stingy to pay a licensing fee for commercial exploitation of my work). The Next's OS is esxDOS (but they pretend it has it's own OS by putting a +3DOS layer on top of it). I promised I would keep my opinion of the machine out of the public arena, and I have. When I criticize the appropriation and exploitation the Next team has engaged in I get libeled by fanbois who repeat hearsay as fact, don't understand the difference between physical hardware and specifications, and have no understanding of UK copyright law as it pertains to reverse engineering. If the Next was a commercial product rather than a hobbyist project I would call for a boycott. However, I think it will struggle to match the success of the TS-Conf core running on the ZX Evo board. And I'm pretty happy with the Uno, just as it is.

bakkertje

Mensaje por bakkertje » 12 Abr 2018, 18:04

It is sad to read the impact the next project has on the spectrum fpga scene. I had a bad feeling myself, but did not know that it is felt by so many people.

Responder