ZX-Next core para ZX-Uno

Uto

Re: ZX-Next core para ZX-Uno

Mensaje por Uto » 14 Sep 2016, 11:30

BCH escribió:
Uto escribió: 1) I'm using the same SD card I use for ZX-Uno's Spectrum Cores, and so I didn't extract the SYS and BIN folders from the RAR file. As result - or maybe it has nothing to do with it - ESXDOS NMI doesn't work (makes a reset). I see the SYS folder has a old_esxdos file, so maybe ESXDOS has been patched? If so, is there any way to fix that so SD card can be shared? It doesn't make too much sense to have two different cards for two Specturm cores :-)
Is maybe because the TBBlue core is using a different ESXDOS version? The ESXDOS.SYS file (inside the SYS folder) and the ESXDOS ROM must match in order to work properly.
Doh... then I can't share same card for ZX-Uno official core and TTBlue core, what makes it less likely to be used.

Couldn't the core be patched so it loads ESXDOS from SYSTTB folder or similar so they can co-exist?

BCH

Mensaje por BCH » 14 Sep 2016, 11:40

Probably it will be easier to update the ESXDOS ROM inside the TTBlue core to the version the ZX-UNO Spectrum core is running (0.8.6 beta5, I belive)

bakoulis

Mensaje por bakoulis » 14 Sep 2016, 11:58

Take a new 2GB card from ebay (China / Hong Kong) for less than $2 and you have the solution to your problem.
I have already took 10 cards for mine ZXuno for this reasons and maybe will take some more! No big deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182244585326?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262611506005?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

:zxuno:

Turrican

Mensaje por Turrican » 14 Sep 2016, 12:26

You can use the same card, but you have to have some folders/files required for TBBlue.
tbblue folder and tbblue.fw in the root. In the tbblue folder you will have all the roms required.
If the esxdos.sys and esxdos.rom are in the same version, everything must work.

If you´re using the latest esxDOS (patched to work with games that requires 128 ROM), you can simply copy the esxdos.bin to the tbblue folder then rename it to esxdos.rom.

Turrican

Mensaje por Turrican » 14 Sep 2016, 12:27

BCH escribió:Probably it will be easier to update the ESXDOS ROM inside the TTBlue core to the version the ZX-UNO Spectrum core is running (0.8.6 beta5, I belive)
The ROMs in Blue are not flashed as UNO. They are loaded from the SD card, located at tbblue folder.
:okidoki;

Turrican

Mensaje por Turrican » 14 Sep 2016, 12:29

Uto escribió:I have installed Next core in the ZX-Uno, and I found some issues, well, actually some uncomfortabilities:

1) I'm using the same SD card I use for ZX-Uno's Spectrum Cores, and so I didn't extract the SYS and BIN folders from the RAR file. As result - or maybe it has nothing to do with it - ESXDOS NMI doesn't work (makes a reset). I see the SYS folder has a old_esxdos file, so maybe ESXDOS has been patched? If so, is there any way to fix that so SD card can be shared? It doesn't make too much sense to have two different cards for two Specturm cores :-)

2) F1 is supposed to be a hard reset, but in difference with other cores, it seems to do a normal reset. A hard reset would boot up ZX-Uno again (showing ZX-Uno BIOS screen)

3) Would it be possible to make this core port key-compatible with common ZX-Uno key combinations? (Ctr+Alt+Del for reset, Ctrl+Alt+Backspace for hard reset, Ctrl+Alt+F5 for NMI, etc.). I'm not saying replacing standard key combinations with these, but just making them work as well.
F1 makes a hard reset, but it calls the TBBlue boot screen. If you press SPACE, you will enter in the configuration menu. F4 makes the soft reset.
For the 3... I don´t know, but should be possible. ;)

Uto

Mensaje por Uto » 14 Sep 2016, 12:37

Turrican escribió:You can use the same card, but you have to have some folders/files required for TBBlue.
tbblue folder and tbblue.fw in the root. In the tbblue folder you will have all the roms required.
If the esxdos.sys and esxdos.rom are in the same version, everything must work.
yes, I added the ttblue folder and the FW file at root, since that moment TTblue core started, but then F10 forces a reset.
If you´re using the latest esxDOS (patched to work with games that requires 128 ROM), you can simply copy the esxdos.bin to the tbblue folder then rename it to esxdos.rom.
I'm using the one provided by the crowdfunding team... 8.0.6 beta 5.1, but the zip file doesn't include the bin file (it's already included in the ZXUno). Anyway, I'll try to find it, thanks.

Does anybody have that bin file?
Última edición por Uto el 14 Sep 2016, 12:54, editado 1 vez en total.

Uto

Mensaje por Uto » 14 Sep 2016, 12:39

Turrican escribió: F1 makes a hard reset, but it calls the TBBlue boot screen.
Then is not a hard reset, at least not as it's understood in the ZX-Uno environment. Result of a hard reset in all cores but this one is returning to ZXUno BIOS loading screen, with TTBlue core I have to unplug the ZX-Uno.

Quest

Mensaje por Quest » 14 Sep 2016, 12:47

Uto escribió:
Turrican escribió: F1 makes a hard reset, but it calls the TBBlue boot screen.
Then is not a hard reset, at least not as it's understood in the ZX-Uno environment. Result of a hard reset in all cores but this one is returning to ZXUno BIOS loading screen, with TTBlue core I have to unplug the ZX-Uno.
Simple. TBBlue doesn't implement the Multiboot module required for the Spartan-6 in the ZX-UNO to force a FPGA reconfiguration form a SPI flash offset. I prepared that module for easier use. I explain it (loosely) here (use translator): viewtopic.php?f=21&t=487&p=6349&hilit=icap#p6349

If they add the module and map the REBOOT signal to a Key combo, it's done.
http://www.zxuno.com
ZX-Uno · Clon de ordenador ZX Spectrum basado en FPGA

BCH

Mensaje por BCH » 14 Sep 2016, 12:59

Uto escribió:
Does anybody have that bin file?
The file is here in the forum. IIRC was a thread regarding incompatibility with la churrera games.

Aqui lo encontre:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=448&hilit=churrera&start=30#p5785

Responder