ANN: UnoDOS 3 alpha 12

aowen

Re: ANN: UnoDOS 3 alpha 12

Mensaje por aowen » 23 Ene 2017, 23:58

utopian escribió:Great job!

I have a question about unodos.api: is it ok to use the file in my own project, and distribute the result with a license other than GPL3? I'm currently using esxdos.inc, which is not redistributable, and I'd like to publish complete sources once my game is finished, but with a different license.

[EDIT] I've realised it's LGPLv3 and not GPLv3, but anyway the question remains open.
You can distribute the API doc. It's a standalone doc. You can also use it to build closed source software if you want to. You can also distribute it with software distributed under a different license. The LGPL license applies only to UnoDOS 3, not to anything you create.

aowen

Mensaje por aowen » 24 Ene 2017, 00:04

antoniovillena escribió:I have created ESXDOS 0.8.5 disassembly based on UnoDOS 3 source code.

https://sourceforge.net/p/emuscriptoria ... ee/esxdos/
I must request that you remove all references to UnoDOS 3 and the LGPL from that disassembly. Also given that esxDOS is closed source I'm not sure how Miguel would feel about the source being distributed, but I leave that up to you.

aowen

Mensaje por aowen » 24 Ene 2017, 00:07

Vanfanel escribió:This is great! An open-source ESX-DOS at last! :)
Is it possible to have an autoexec file that would run at boot?
Is it possible to enter NMI or any other TAP loading menu using a command?
Is DSK format going to be supported somehow? (TRD is great anyway!)
In theory an autoexec is doable. But I think as a short term fix I'm more likely to add a RUN * command to load and run a BASIC program with a fixed filename.

It's trivial to write a dot command to invoke the NMI. It just has to do a CALL $66, OR A, RET.

UnoDOS doesn't have any Betadisk support. It just works with the Betadisk support that was written for esxDOS 0.8.5.

aowen

Mensaje por aowen » 24 Ene 2017, 00:08

Vanfanel escribió:The instructions say we need a new ESXDOS.ZX1, but it's not in the distributed ZIP. Am I missing something?
The file is unodos.rom. You just need to rename it. Hopefully the ZX-Uno will get updated at some point to accept unodos.rom as an alternative MMC source file.

Vanfanel

Mensaje por Vanfanel » 24 Ene 2017, 10:46

Uto escribió:
Vanfanel escribió:The instructions say we need a new ESXDOS.ZX1, but it's not in the distributed ZIP. Am I missing something?

Rename unodos.rom as ESXDOS.ZIP
@Uto: Do you mean ESXDOS.ZX1? If so, I think that step should be on the Readme.

Uto

Mensaje por Uto » 24 Ene 2017, 11:25

Vanfanel escribió:
Uto escribió:

Rename unodos.rom as ESXDOS.ZIP
@Uto: Do you mean ESXDOS.ZX1? If so, I think that step should be on the Readme.
Yes sorry, I meant .ZX1, I'm fixing now my previous post so anyone else don't get confused, thanks for pointing out.

And yes, I think it should be in the README.

neuro_999

Mensaje por neuro_999 » 24 Ene 2017, 11:51

I tryed it. Its good to see the clean boot of the zxuno ;).
I see that the playrmov command dont works to play videos. I like that feature in the esxdos. For the rest i will continue trying the unodos in one of my zxunos. ;)

EDIT: playrmov plays ok, i was using an old version. :)

Enviado desde mi ONE A2003 mediante Tapatalk
Última edición por neuro_999 el 24 Ene 2017, 14:06, editado 1 vez en total.

Uto

Mensaje por Uto » 24 Ene 2017, 11:58

neuro_999 escribió:I tryed it. Its good to see the clean boot of the zxuno ;).
I see that the playrmov command dont works to play videos. I like that feature in the esxdos. For the rest i will continue trying the unodos in one of my zxunos. ;)

Enviado desde mi ONE A2003 mediante Tapatalk
You still can see verbose boot (in case you need to check UnoDOS version or SD card detection) by holding shift key on boot. I like the clean boot too though so that's only when needed :-)

BCH

Mensaje por BCH » 24 Ene 2017, 12:02

I've tryed it on a "real" divMMC and seems to work fine. Great project!

It would be nice if you could default to verbose boot (with a config file for example)

antoniovillena

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 24 Ene 2017, 13:35

Hi Andrew

It would be good to indicate that UnoDOS is basically a disassembly of ESXDOS 0.8.5 without any improvement. I have noticed and Miguel Guerreiro has confirmed. I think it's okay to try to improve ESXDOS but I also think your README it's not clear. Anyone can think that it is a development from you from scratch.

Responder