My modified ZX-Uno - VGA, Power & Reset

Discursiones en general sobre el proyecto que no tienen cabida en otro foro / General discussion for uncateorized topics about the ZX-Uno project
Responder
Higgy
Contactar:

My modified ZX-Uno - VGA, Power & Reset

Mensaje por Higgy » 18 Ene 2017, 13:22

Hi guys,

Here is a picture of my modified ZX-Uno:

Imagen

The VGA connector is very useful as I can either plug in a standard VGA cable, or use a VGA-SCART cable for some CRT action :lol:

Uto

Re: My modified ZX-Uno - VGA, Power & Reset

Mensaje por Uto » 18 Ene 2017, 14:06

Looks nice!

So you bended the RGB wires inside the box avouding having an extra cable out there, good :-)

Did you connect the audio wires to the VGA connector either or SCART would be soundless? I wonder if it's possible to do that as VGA connector has enough non connected pins to do it but I'm nor sure if maybe some display units use them and is risky to put those signals there

Higgy
Contactar:

Mensaje por Higgy » 18 Ene 2017, 14:23

I did have audio transmitted (Pins 4 & 11 I think are the spare ones on VGA) and I was going to have a switch to make/break the audio connection for VGA/SCART.

Also I think some (maybe all?) VGA cables are wired differently. On the VGA cable I tested, pins 4 & 11 were also connected to GND, and therefore no use. I would also have to use a special VGA cable. I want my solution to work with any VGA cable in VGA mode.

I thought this was too risky. What happens if I forgot to switch? or the Pins 4 & 11 are connected to GND. I might damage my ZX-Uno or Monitor.

For my VGA-SCART cable I just have a short length of cable with a 3.5mm jack come out of the VGA shell and plug into the normal 3,5mm audio out. - A much easier and safer way!

antoniovillena

Mensaje por antoniovillena » 18 Ene 2017, 14:37

Also you can disconnect the microJST cable (that internally is wired to VGA connector) and put there the Scart cable. I have Scart cables on sale.

Higgy
Contactar:

Mensaje por Higgy » 20 Ene 2017, 09:25

This is my SCART cable. I did not have a 15-Pin D-TYPE backshell in my kit of parts, so I used a 25-Pin. But at least it gave me space to fit the 3,5mm audio cable:

Imagen

Responder