Spectrum core suggestions

Discursiones en general sobre el proyecto que no tienen cabida en otro foro / General discussion for uncateorized topics about the ZX-Uno project
Responder
factor6

Spectrum core suggestions

Mensaje por factor6 » 08 Feb 2017, 19:48

Hi, I recived my ZX-Uno board and except some difficulties like issues, I found out that the AY chip doesn't have a stereo separation option. So, the suggestions for the authors to implement these improvements in the future are:

1) Add stereo separation for the AY chip, ACB "golden slice" preferred, ABC for compatibility. Option to choose AY or YM chip would be great (It can't be used on AY Riders' concerts or for composing AY music at the moment as my songs are composed for ACB stereo).
2) FIX the 128K Timing screen bug in the composite mode (note this is not a kind of artifacting, but real annoying interferences so the display is unwatchable). I tried 2 different monitors, one shows white lines over the screen, the second makes the screen trembling, both when 128K Timing is enabled. Tried to fiddle with 50to59Hz steps but it doesn't solve the problem. When used Pentagon Timing or 48K Timing, the screen is stable.
3) Add an option to pause the Cold Reset screen. Really too less time to press F2 or CapsLock!!!
4) Could be great to have an option to change the CPU speed on the fly (as well as ACB/ABC/mono for AY).

Anyway, a big GRACIAS to the authors. You've made a great thing! Respect :maestro: :maestro: :maestro: Thank you! :zxuno: :okidoki;

azesmbog

Re: Spectrum core suggestions

Mensaje por azesmbog » 08 Feb 2017, 21:47

3) Add an option to pause the Cold Reset screen. Really too less time to press F2 or CapsLock!!!
I was also interested.
Which option in firmware.asm responsible for this duration? I would be a little increased :)
1) Add stereo separation for the AY chip, ACB "golden slice" preferred
It is also not difficult. Add a second DAC and replace model AY\YM separate channels.
Option to choose AY or YM chip
You can do two different firmware with AY and YM - who like some more, although it is subjective.
p.s. В своей сборке я для себя добавил второй DAC, он мне понадобился для SAA1099, вполне хорошо играет
~600 мелодий с сайта Mick-e

Responder